Friday, November 11, 2005

What's your story about His glory?

As some of you may know, there is a song on Christian radio that has this line in it. I have no idea what song it is or who sings it, but I really like the sentiment. So, if you noticed, I put that as my sub-title on my blog recently, but then I realized that all I've been blogging about is myself, which is somewhat cruddy of me, because the best part of my life is getting left out - the part about what God is doing in my life. Although that might be implied if you know me, I just want to make it 100% clear how things are here in my neck of the woods.

So...things have really been going well lately! Since I moved to Missouri, I've been looking for an awesome church that I could really call my own (at least for a while) and get involved in. I was looking for one where I could sing (like in Bluffton), somewhere that had people my age, and somewhere where I could work with youth. I know that might sound odd, but it sounds odd to me too! I'm not really a kid-person, but for some reason, I feel that God wants me to be a role-model type to fellow Christians - particularly Catholics. I really wanted to teach CCD (the Catholic version of Sunday School, which is generally on Wednesday nights and only for people ages 7-18-ish.) But as it turns out, most of the churches around here are connected with Catholic Schools and they are pretty particular about who teaches religion class to them (and I moved after class started for the year).

As it turns out, I sort of had my prayers answered! My search for the perfect Catholic Church has been going well, but not outstandingly. I started strong by going to different churches each week and scoping out the area. I found a lot that had certain good qualities, but not one that stood out about the others. Recently I've been slacking and just going to the one closest to my apartment, which is a bit strange because I told someone I went to St. Clare of Assisi and he said "Oh! The potato chip church!" (it's oddly enough shaped like a potato chip) And now I can't get that out of my head. Anyway, back to the answered prayer thing...I went to church and sunday school with my roommate at a Baptist Church and it was great. The worship is awesome just like chapel and the pastor is really great too and really missions minded (for example - the church just adopted a 400 member community in Kenya!) Also, they are soooo welcoming! Not just saying Hi and smiling, but really caring and someone even invited me and my roommates to their house for Thanksgiving if I wasn't planning on going home! That first Sunday I went with Katie and their sunday school class was talking about doing a "service project". Things fell together and we all started helping out with their youth group on Wednesdays! Actually a lot of people gave up already after 3 weeks, but I still go and I LOVE IT!! It's a little weird beacue I don't really know people and I'M CATHOLIC! but it's cool. The students are SO excited about God and they know their stuff! I'm more inspired by listening to them than they will EVER be of me! This week I led a small group and we discussed the lesson they just heard about the cannon. I was freaked out because my cannon isn't the same as theirs, but it turned out really great. This one girl had a bunch of questions, which I think God handled quite nicely through my mouth. Afterwards she stayed for 20 minutes to discuss Catholicism with me because she is dating a Catholic. We had a great talk, especially since my boyfriend is protestant. (Woah! Did that "my boyfriend" thing sound weird to you too? lol!)

Yup, so things are good. The Bible study we started with our class is crapping out, but everything else is looking up. I'm headed to confession tomorrow, so I'm psyched! (Especially since I don't have any "biggies" weighing me down for a change! Robb is sooo good to me!) It's always good to have a "check-up" occationally, especially with that whole "we ALL fall short of the glory of God" thing! So I hope you all have great confessions soon too - however it is that you see fit to do that.

In closing, I was wondering...What's YOUR story about His glory? We've all got them, it's just up to us if we are able to see them and if we are willing to share them. God Bless you all!!

No comments: