Thursday, October 16, 2008
Packing up
Thankfully now that I'm finished with classes, life is very different than the first 3 years at Logan. Instead of going to school every morning at 7:15, I work as a Teaching Assistant for Basic Class for the younger classes. It is funny to see how much we've learned so far and to compare to people who still struggle to find a PSIS. In the afternoons I treat patients in our outpatient clinics. Thanks to God, I'm done with all of my clinic requirements already, so I just have to log hours and I'm in the process of transfering all my patients to other interns. It is hard to see them go, but I'm ready to be done and out of here. In the evenings and my spare time I've been taking our house by storm in trying to get rid of everything possible and to condense all that we own so that it will all fit in our 2 small cars without the cost of a U-Haul. I tried to sell a bunch of stuff on E-Bay, but I ended up losing a ton of money in shipping costs. I had no idea how complicated it could be (and time consuming!!) Everything else is going to Goodwill. You'd be amazed how much stuff 2 people can collect in a short amount of time! So far we have a futon and a beer fridge waiting for us in Oregon, but not much else. I'm flying to Oregon in 2 weeks to take my state board exam and to meet with some local chiropractors to find one to work with. I will be starting my own office within another person's office, so I can start building a patient base of my own while keeping overhead low. Hopefully that way I can get a good head start in practice before Robb and I start a family. My friend Sarah from high school just had her baby and named her Sophia Genevieve, so I've got babies on my mind right now! ...but don't get any ideas people...we have a lot of settling in to do before all of that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol! good luck with the move:)
Post a Comment