Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Visit from Mom

This past weekend my Mom drove out to see me and it was wonderful! It's been a while since I've had a visitor and it's always nice (hint, hint). It was really great though. She drove out on Friday after I got done with class and she came to watch my volleyball game at school. She doesn't understand how I have a long-distance boyfriend when I have 3 sexy shirtless men on my team. He's worth it - that's how!! :) Most of the things we wanted to see were closed already, so we just went to Ted Drewes for custard and came home. Saturday we went all out: The Butterfly house, Botanical Gardens with a Dale Chihuly glass exhibit, Budweiser Brewery Tour, Basillica (the church with the most mosaic tile in the world), supper at Blueberry Hill (owned by Chuck Berry), and the Muny (the largest outdoor theatre in the nation) for the show Gypsy. It was an awesome day. Oh, AND we found these two side by side stores with the most interesting junk/rumage furtiture stuff EVER - it was just like the shops you see on HGTV or TLC. We bought a fabulous wine rack. On Sunday I took her to my church and out for breakfast, so it was a perfect end to a perfect Weekend. I'm sorry I'm not in the digital age yet - pictures are a struggle for me. I should be done with my film shortly - especially when Robb comes in 3 1/2 weeks!! I can't wait!!

4 comments:

Maria said...

sounds like a great weekend! I am glad your mom got to visit, and I hope to as well some weekend in the future!

Rebekah said...

That sounds so relaxing, can I fly to St. Louis for a weekend some time?

abby said...

sure!!

Laura said...

I'm glad you had a great time with your mom!