Monday, July 03, 2006

The farm.

This weekend I went with some friends from my church up to one of their parents houses in northern Missouri for a little camping trip. It was just for one night, but it was so great to be out of the city for a little while. My two friends who brought us there own about 200 arces of land there -mostly fields, but a creek and 2 ponds and some woods too. (For those of you unfamiliar with acrage ...that is a lot of land - enough so that when you stand out in the middle you can't see any other house, person, or civilization in any direction) It was so great to be out in the country again. I'd almost forgotten how awesome that feels to just be alone in nature. We went swimming in one of thier spring-fed ponds and it was beautiful! (minus some scum on the bottom) I love St. Louis, but there is just something about being surrounded by wheat fields that does it for me...I just can't explain it.

2 comments:

Maria said...

well I consider myself a city girl, but I definitely agree that it is great to get out of the city once and awhile and enjoy nature...I love our trips to Paoli, IN when we go to to the mennonite church there..lots of hills and woods and fields..it's great

Laura said...

I will always love the country. My dad took me on a four-wheeler ride the other week through some fields, and it was fantastic!