Monday, July 23, 2007
The Dirty Roommate
Remember that one time at Bluffton when Reba found maggots all over her room because of Ruth's food? Sadly, we too have been having bug problems. It started on the 4th of July with our BBQ and we had all these gnats afterwards. We figured it was because we had tons of leftovers on the counter. As we ate the food, the gnats weren't leaving, so we cleaned the counters. That didn't help. So we cleaned the sink and garbage disposal. That didn't help. We emptied the trash daily. That didn't help. I kept assuming my roommates were dirty and leaving nasty stuff in the house. One day I was making soup and I opened a sealed package of saltines and to my surprise found a little white worm crawling out through the holes at me. It was awful and I nearly puked. My crackers were infested. I looked in my cupboard and realized that there were a LOT of things infested. (Including a year-old box of crutons that Robb likes to snack on!) The more I looked, the more I found. We have a nasty popcorn ceiling and they were everywhere hiding up there. I threw out all of my food and cleaned everything with Clorox wipes, and now the gnat population is much smaller. They aren't gone yet, so I'm still super paranoid, but I think the worst of it is over. But now I'M THE DIRTY ROOMMATE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH my gosh, Abby. That is terrible, I don't think I'd be able to eat for weeks after that experience. Good luck getting rid of them!!!!
Bugs are a part of life here...ants in the sugar, bugs in the flour. But I don't know about there?
I still have pictures of us helping Reba and Ruth clean their room! It is good that you found the source of the problem, so hopefully they go away completely.
yuck!!
Post a Comment