Thursday, May 03, 2007

It's about time!!!

I'm so sorry it has been so long! I don't want to be one of those friends who falls off the face of the earth, but it seems that I keep proving myself to be just that! Ahhhh! So a lot has happened since I last blogged, so I'll fill you in...bear with me...
Robb moved!!! It has really been wonderful having him here. It definitly makes it that much harder to study, but I'm still pulling through. He got a job within the first week of being here, and we both really thought it would be a great opportunity, but it turned out crappy. What they failed to mention was that if he wanted to make any money he would have to travel out of state about every other week. That sort of defeated the purpose of him moving, so he started looking for a new job again. I know this is awful to say, but it's been really wonderful with him being unemployed. I've been on break for the last 2 1/2 weeks and we get to hang out everyday and eat together and play frisbee golf (it's our new hobby). He is working hard going to interviews and doing applications and everything too, but it is nice to enjoy our free time together. It has been a rough month and a half of dissappointments, but this week was really great and we prayed really hard and now he's got 3 really good opportunities to choose from!! God is so good like that! He hasn't decided which one to choose yet, but I'll update when he decides.
As for school...I passed the 1st round of Board exams and I just hit the half-way mark, so that is really exciting. I'll be the doctor of 1 patient this term and come this fall I'll be responsible for about 5 strangers/underclassmen in the clinic and then the last year is off campus at satallite clinics and then the last Trimester I can do it where ever I want...maybe Oregon? Who knows?!
Church is busier than ever. Our youth ministry put on a huge retreat in March where we get the 8th graders excited about Jesus and invite them to join our high school youth ministry program. We had 140 eight graders, 65 Freshmen and sophomores and 25 juniors and seniors in attendance with only about 10 adults. As if that wasn't rediculous enough, we run a separate retreat concurrently for the freshman and sophomores who have already been through it and are ready for a beefier message. It was awesome and God was definitly glorified though the chaos. Now our ministry has increased substantially and we can't fit in our house anymore. In addition, we have started using Facebook a lot, since the teens don't bother with e-mail anymore, so I just got on that and I think it will take about a year of non-stop friending and searching to be even remotely effective at keeping up with them. Plus, in the summer we tend to do more activities, since the teens aren't in school, but I still am, so it makes it difficult. Enough with my whinning - youth ministry is great and you all should do it - the rewards are incredible and you have no idea how big of an impact you are making on the next generation!!
My family is doing well. Max is getting so big!! Our cat died about 2 weeks ago. He was about 25 years old, which is nearly a record for cats.
That's about it for me. I'm sure there is more, but I'm sure you are tired of reading. I'll try to post some pictures soon. Robb and I have been trying to take a good picture for months, but we are awful at it!!! In every one we either look like stoners or we look obese...today we had the revelation that maybe we look that way because we are, but I don't want to admit that that might be true. I hope you all are doing well!!!

1 comment:

Maria said...

yeah!! you are back!! good to hear from you! sounds like you are very busy.