Saturday, June 03, 2006

New Car?

In spite of all the memories, all the roadtrips, and all the miles I've lovingly shared with my wonderful car, I had to let her go. I brought her to Dobb's to check-up on a clunk that has been growing louder over the past year or so and found that what she really needs is new brakes AND new tires - not to mention a clamp to hold the exhaust system steady to stop the clunking. So, I decided it was time to get a new one. It worked out quite well though because I was planning on driving home for Memorial Day anyway and so I drove my car home and left it there for my mom to attempt to sell. In the meantime I bought my Grandpa's car that he isn't driving anymore. It is a red 1999 Ford Escort. I'm so pleased that I didn't have to deal with the hassle of buying a new car from people I shouldn't trust and g-ma and g-pa gave me a sweet deal, so I can't complain. It just doesn't feel like mine yet. Every time I look at it I think - yup, that's grandpa's car. I guess I need a good roadtrip or two to break it in, but that will have to wait until funding and time become more readily available. I'll try to post a picture of it soon though!

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm glad you have a more functioning car now, and I would love to take a roadtrip with you once we have the money/time (the trip to see Reba doesn't count b/c you aren't driving with us!)

Laura said...

Aww...it is sad to see the old car go!