I'm getting really bad about this updating thing. Anyway, not a whole lot has changed since my last post. Things are church are going along steadily. I've continued to grow closer with the teens. I know a lot more of them now and the relationships are building slowly but surely. My birthday was great. You all are fabulous with your cards. It meant so much to me. (My roommates both got jealous! HAHA!!) No really, it was fun - we went downtown to a classmate's house and watched the parade from there. He rented bleachers and everything!
As for school...we have 2 1/2 weeks left of actual class - full of fun written and lab exams. Then we have 2 days of real finals. Then we get Easter Friday and Monday off, so I'm going home to see the family. Then back for 1 more exciting day of finals (I'm taking 7 classes and 4 labs currently, so that is a lot of exams in 3 days!!) And THEN I'm flying out IMMEDIATELY to beautiful (but rainy) Oregon where I will be enjoying three whole weeks of Lovin' with Robb!! (That's Lovin' with a capital "L" for the LORD Jesus because we are going for chastity this time around! WooHoo!!) I promised to cook for him while I'm there, which he and Chad are both really excited about. Did I mention they got an apartment together? They did at the begining of this month and they are really good with spagettio's and soup, but they could use a little help beyond that. And for those of you who are thinking "Since when can YOU cook more than Spagettio's???!!" You will be happy to know that I've become quite a good cook since I've had to try. I'm not Julia Child or Martha Stewart, but I can hold my own - even though in the past instant pudding was a struggle for me. I've learned a lot this year...cooking, proper human cutting skills, and I can drop on your T-spine like none other!!!
Monday, March 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad you had a fun birthday and get to enjoy some time off soon. And I am impressed that you are building relationships with teens! It is tough! That is the one group I have not gotten through to here! And I am also improving my cooking skills, the girl who lit a napkin on fire. And...I would love for you to come visit again! May/June sounds good. And I need to visit you sometime, but I suppose after your little vacation? I don't want to disrupt your studying time!
Maria,
That sounds great! I'll give you a call when I return. I'm going to miss the Derby though! :(
It's so exciting that you are progressing through your program so well! It seems to be going rather quickly. How much longer will you be in school? 2 years??? Also, if you have any time while your out for Easter break, feel free to come visit the baby. He should be born by then. But, I understand if you are really busy. Your Easter holiday schedule sounds kind of packed. I know we will be gone Easter day, but I think we are staying at home the rest of the time.
Awww... I'm going to be the first one!! Yeah!! Sure, I'll be home from Holy Thursday to Easter Monday, so I'll be sure to stop by. Can I bring my mom?
Of course your mom is welcome to come along! I'm excited to see you! The doctor has said that he will induce labor after I am one week overdue (if that happens). So, there should definately be a baby by the 14th. Although, I am really hoping for him to come sooner!
Post a Comment