...but now I'm found!! You may have been wondering if I disappeared from the planet lately - but I really didn't. I'll skip the excuses and start the update:
Since you last read about me I've still been busy with school. Classes in Tri 2 are going along quite well and we are already in week 9 of 15. Next week is another round of testing and then it's just a sprint to the finish. I've been learning a lot of cool (but simple) adjustments and a lot of random science trivia. It's fun to sound smart, but no one really enjoys hearing about it outside the bubble. I've done a couple new dissections lately - one involving a cow eyeball and one involving a 14 lbs. liver (an average liver weighs 3 lbs.). I'll spare you the details. I did help with a chiropractic screening last weekend and it was really great. I worked with a D.C. and she and I did a muscle/stress test demonstration and just basically educated people about what chiropractors do and how we may be able to help their particular problems. We signed up a lot of new patients too, so that is always exciting. I really beleive that 99% of people can benefit from chiropractic care and it is just so unfortunate that so many people don't go when they KNOW how important the nervous system is to their body's health. OK, I'll get off my soapbox for now, but there will be more to come - I promise! (Forgive me - chiropractic is one of my passions in life now and I'll probably be excited about this one just slightly short of the amount of time I'll be excited about Jesus and Robb (my other passions).)
Other than school, youth ministry has been going really well. I'm still getting a feel for how I can best be of use there, but I've started to make friends with some of the teens and all of the adults and I get to help lead the singing on tuesdays. We have a big retreat coming up in April for the 8th graders to get them interested in the high school youth ministry and the meetings for that are keeping us all really busy. Lent is going well too. I gave up alcohol and pop and my snooze button. Robb gave up alcohol and pop too and he's been eating really healthy and exercising - I can't wait to see him in April - he's going to be EXTRA HOT!!! (We also gave some stuff up collectively, but that is not appropriate for blog discussion.) Oh - I bought a plane ticket and I'm going to see him between Tri 2 and 3 for 3 WEEKS!!! I'm so excited!!! People have been making fun of us lately saying that we can't actually know or love each other based solely on long distance, but they don't know us and I refuse to listen to them. They have no idea what last year was like or about our history AND they have NO IDEA how wonderful he is to me now. It does get tough sometimes with our different time zones and my school and his work - usually second shift - but we make the effort and even when we fight (last night for example) he says the most wonderful things - exactly the things I need to hear to feel loved and cherished and blessed. The whole fight cleared itself up after about a half hour because even though we were both really upset we just are good at making up. I love him - I can't help it!!
OK, my roommate is forcing me to go study now. I get to see Abby and Shining Through tomorrow - I'm psyched!!!!
Monday, March 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad you've been found! I was getting ready to tell you that blogging less than once a month is not really keeping us up to date on your life. Regardless, I am glad you are doing well and enjoying school. That is awesome that you'll get to see Robb for 3 whole weeks. That's a long time! And, I think you and Robb are perfectly capable of having a meaningful and loving relationship despite the distance. Don't listen to people who say otherwise, because they are silly :)
I personally think it is MORE difficult to have a quality relationship in close proximity. Sure - you can have quantity, but quality comes with long talks uninterrupted by make-out sessions (or other diversions). At least we've got that on our side!!
I am excited that you get to see Robb for three weeks and that you are making the long distance thing work. (which yes they can work obviously) And your speech made me think I should go to a chiropractor! (when I have money that is)
Yeah, so I think you're lost again!
Come back! Come back!
Post a Comment