As the title implies, I have had a really great week! A lot of it has to do with Ramadan. The fast is going really well and I really feel that I am growing closer to God (Jesus) because of it. It's awesome (not that lent isn't, but this is extra awesome) because:
1) I'm doing it because this is what I really feel led to do (not just because the liturgical calandar says to or because everyone else is doing it - I only really know one guy who is, but he's Muslim...obliously)
2) it's challenging (And overcoming that challenge makes me feel powerful because I know that God is powerful and it is apparent that He is on my side because otherwise I would have given up by now)
3) It is helping me be consistant in my faith (since it is a daily thing I can't have "good days" and "bad days" like I often do)
4) There is an element of semi-instant gratification (Unlike lent which goes on FOREVER, every day you get to break the fast! It helps to remind me daily that a LOT of things ARE worth the wait, and that I will enjoy them SO MUCH MORE when the time is right. *cough*like SEX!*cough* lol!)
Yeah, so it's been a really good week.
ALSO, I found out for sure that Robb is able to get off of work and come here to visit, while is super exciting, and we've been talking a lot lately and it has been really good and fruitful I think. AND the cardinals won the series last night! (I know I'm not really that huge of a sports fan, but the spirit really gets you here!) I'll try to post a related song, but I don't know how. It's a rip-off of "Holla-back Girl", but it says "I wanna be a Cardinals bat-girl" and it's HILARIOUS!!
Sunday, October 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I still vote that you marry Robb. What follows are my justifications for this statment:
1 - He goes out of his way to spend time with you.
2 - You've met the family and it went well.
3 - He is genuinely nice.
4 - He knew Napolean Dynamite.
5 - He has cool hair.
6 - He spells his name with two B's.
He knew Napoleon Dynamite?????
With my vote, that makes two for Robb!
LOL...Laura I love your reasoning! I just watched Napoleon Dynamite with my housemates plus Chad & Joel on Sunday and felt cool saying that I know someone who knew Napoleon. My vote makes three!
And I'm glad to hear the Ramadan thing is going well for you so far.
And I want to hear the Holla-Bat Girl song!
Post a Comment