Wednesday, August 24, 2005

MAXWELL ROBERT BEHR

Kate and Randy had their baby!!! Max was born last Wednesday (Aug. 17th) at 4:15am. He weighed 7'15" and was 21" long. Kate was induced on Tuesday and was in labor all day, but he didn't want to come out. She was doing fine until about 3:30 when she started to get a fever, so they did an emergency C-section. My mom and brother were there and they got to hold him and he was doing just fine for the first two hours so Mom and Joe drove home. Max got some sort of infection though and he started turning blue so they put him in the Neo-natal ICU. For a while he was all hooked up to a ventilator, an IV, a feeding tude, a blood pressure cuff, and a pulse monitor and a bunch of other stuff too. He had to stay in his incubator for a few days on antibiotics to recouperate. I guess the incubator makes babies turn orange and Randy said that he looked like a cheeto for a while, but he is doing much better now. I saw him yesterday but I wasn't allowed to hold him, but I got to rub his head and he feels like a little peach! He should be coming home on Thursday or Friday hopefully and then I'm going to see him again. Sorry I don't have any good pictures yet, but he was looking a little scary for a while. He's cute now, but my camera isn't digital. I'll post one ASAP.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Tell Kate and Randy "Congratulations!"

Abby said...

Congratulations Aunt Abby :)

Maria said...

I'm glad the baby is ok now!

Abby said...

I can't wait to see a picture!